Adding YouTube Videos to Sakai
How do I add a YouTube video to my course?
You can easily add a YouTube video to the Resources section of your Sakai Course Site. Below are step-by-step instructions adding the video to Resources.
- Go to YouTube and locate the video that you wish to share with your class.
2. Below the video, you will find a button called, “Share”. Click the Share button, and then copy the URL that appears.
3. Open Sakai, and navigate to the Course Site where you wish to share the video. Open the “Resources” tool in the Course Site.
4. Click the “Actions” button to the left of the folder where you wish to add the YouTube link. From the dropdown menu, click, “Add Web Links”.
5. Paste the copied URL for the YouTube video into the field labeled, “Web Address”. You can also give the video a more recognizable name. Note that you are able to add more than one link if you click “Add Another Website”. When you are done, click, “Add Web Links Now”.
6. The website link will now appear in the Resources folder for your students to access.
How do I embed a YouTube video in Sakai?
Sakai also allows you to embed YouTube videos into Lesson pages so that students can view them in the context of the lesson instead of navigating away to YouTube.com. To learn more about this, click here to navigate to the Sakai Lessons page.