Copying Course Sites and Materials
How do I copy one site into another site? I want to copy everything.
Note that the receiving site can be unpublished.
- Enter the course you would like to copy content into (the empty or new course)
- Click on Site Info
- Turn on the tools in the new site to match the old site. (For example, if you used Forums in the old site, then it must be turned on in the new site BEFORE you try to copy.)
- In the Site Info, click on the “Import from site” tab. You will see three options. Only use the “I would like to merge my data” option.
If you forget to turn on a tool before you copy, you can always go back to the Site Editor, turn on the tool, and do the import again.
How do I copy specific documents or folders from the Resources in one site into another site?
- Start in the new (empty) site
- Click on Resources
- Select Copy Content from My Other Sites
- Scroll through the list of course sites until you see the course you wish to copy from. Then click on it.
- Select the check box to the left of where it says “Title.” Then select Copy in between the “move,” and “move to trash” icons
- Select your original course site found near the top of the page in blue lettering
- Click clipboard icon to paste found near the actions drop-down menu
Makes a copy – the file is now in the new site (not a link)
How do I link to documents or folders in My Home/Workspace Resources?
- Home > Resources
- Edit Details next to the item (folder, document, etc.)
- Mark as ‘publicly viewable ‘
- Copy URL
- Go to course site
- Add web link
- Paste URL from My Home/Workspace