ITDP Computer lab
The mission of the Instructional Technology Development Program is to support faculty in the thoughtful and creative integration of instructional technologies in teaching and learning at Providence College.
Save the Date
2018 ITDP Summer Institute
Tuesday, May 22 -Wednesday, May 23, 2018
The 2018 Summer Institute theme will be “Discover, Learn, and Engage”.
Topics covered during the Institute may include, but are not limited to
- Streamlining Sakai to reflect your pedagogy inside and outside of face to face class time
- Sakai updates and enhancements
- Teaching with mobile devices and applications
- Digital learning, collaboration, and writing tools
- Multimedia and digital images to increase course source material
- New modes of delivery of instruction and content
- Student assessment opportunities
- Creating a scholarly presence online
Hands-on workshops are generally offered in mid-August through early September, mid-January, and the week after Commencement.
The Sakai 12 upgrade will be coming in August 2018. Check back soon for more information.
The ‘New’ Sakai 11
The ‘New’ Sakai features a sleeker, more modern look with redesigned menus and responsive interface that allows you to easily work on Sakai from any device: desktop, mobile, or tablet.
With this new update your favorite Sakai tools will still be accessible, with the addition of new a Gradebook option. The only tool that is being retired is the “Discussion and Private Messages Tool”, and tools like “Lesson Builder” will have improved features. The Sakai Help and ITDP Teams will keep you updated in preparation for this exciting upgrade.
Please see Sakai 10 and ‘New’ Sakai 11 Comparison Document.